Department of Mathematics
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-3080
Office: South Hall, Room 6501
I am a visiting assistant professor in the math department at UCSB. I completed my Ph.D. at MIT under the supervision of William P. Minicozzi II.
UCSB Differential Geometry Seminar
Current Teaching: Fall 2018: Math 108B, Advanced Linear Algebra; Math 4B, Differential Equations
Office Hours: Mon&Wed 3:00-4:30pm in South Hall 6501
- Geometric analysis and Geometric PDEs, Mean curvature
flow, Minimal surfaces.
Publications and Preprints:
- Compactness and generic finiteness for free boundary minimal hypersurfaces, joint with Xin Zhou. arXiv:1803.01509
- Free boundary minimal hypersurfaces with least area, joint with Zhichao Wang and Xin Zhou. arXiv:1801.07036
- Curvature estimates for stable free boundary minimal hypersurfaces, joint with Martin Li and Xin Zhou. arXiv:1611.02605. To appear in J. Reine Angew. Math.
- On the rigidity of mean convex self-shrinkers, joint with Jonathan J. Zhu. arXiv:1603.09435. To appear in Int. Math. Res. Not.
- Rigidity and curvature estimates for graphical self-shrinkers, joint with Jonathan J. Zhu. Calc. Var. Partial Differential Equations 56 (2017), no. 6, 56:176.
- Volume growth, entropy and stability for translating solitons. arXiv:1612.05312. To appear in Comm. Anal. Geom.
- Gap and rigidity theorems of $\lambda$-hypersurfaces. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 146 (2018), no. 10, 4459-4471.
- Self-shrinkers with second fundamental form of constant length. Bull. Aust. Math. Soc. 96 (2017), no. 2, 326--332.
- Self-shrinkers and translating solitons of mean curvature flow, PhD thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2016.
- Recent progress on compactness of minimal surfaces with free boundary, joint with Xin Zhou, Surveys in Geometric Analysis 2017, 63-78, Science Press Beijing, Beijing, 2018
Teaching and Grading:
- Spring 2018 Math 147A, Introductory Differential Geometry, UCSB, instructor
- Spring 2018 Math 6B, Vector Calculus II, UCSB, instructor
- Winter 2018 Math 6B, Vector Calculus II, UCSB, instructor
- Fall 2017 Math 108A, Introduction to Linear Algebra, UCSB, instructor
- Spring 2017 Math 6B, Vector Calculus II, UCSB, instructor
- Winter 2017 Math 6A, Vector Calculus I, UCSB, instructor
- Fall 2016 Math 8, Transition To Higher Mathematics, UCSB, instructor
- Spring 2016 18.125 Measure Theory and Analysis , MIT, grader
- Spring 2016 18.300 Principles of Continuum Applied Mathematics , MIT, grader
- Spring 2015 18.102 Introduction to Functional Analysis , MIT, grader
- Spring 2015 18.311 Principles of Continuum Applied Mathematics , MIT, grader
- Fall 2014 18.02 Calculus, MIT, recitation instructor
- Spring 2014 18.06 Linear Algebra, MIT, recitation instructor
- Fall 2013 18.155 Differential Analysis, MIT, grader
- Fall 2012 110.108 Calculus I, JHU, recitation instructor
- Fall 2011 110.202 Calculus III, JHU, recitation instructor
- Fall 2011 110.615 Algebraic Topology, JHU, grader
- Fall 2010 110.311 Methods of Complex Analysis, JHU, grader